September 15, 2023 – Traverse City, Michigan – United Way of Northwest Michigan invites the communitymembers to lace up their boots and walk alongside us for our annual Day of Caring on September 21, 2023!
• Day of Caring is the largest single-day volunteering event in the area.
• Nonprofits in nine-county area gather fall projects and post them for our community to adopt.
• Individuals, families, or work teams are invited to take part in community-oriented projects.
Variety of projects available:
• Outdoor events such as painting, grounds cleanup, worker bees, and trail maintenance with TART Trails, the Botanic Garden at Historic Barns Park, Generations Ahead, Inland Seas, and more.
• Indoor projects available as well with Great Lakes Children’s Museum, NW MI Community Action Agency, and more.
“Our annual Day of Caring provides our community the opportunity to make a tangible difference in the lives of those in need right here in northern Michigan,” said Seth Johnson, Executive Director of UWNWMI.
“Agencies rely on the completion of these projects to get them through the winter months. The importance of volunteers cannot be overstated,” said Bailey Nuss, Director of Volunteer Engagement at UWNWMI, “Your time and resources make all the difference.”
This year’s Day of Caring is generously sponsored by Meijer and TBA Credit Union.
We also are putting out the call for school supplies for our annual Third is the Word school supply drive for third grade teachers in our nine-county area. Supplies can be dropped off between 9am-5pm, weekdays at our three regional offices:
Traverse City main office – 4075 Copper Ridge Dr, Traverse City, MI 49684
Wexford/Missaukee branch – 421 S Mitchell St, Cadillac, MI 49601
Charlevoix/Emmet branch – 1691 US-31, Petoskey, MI 49770
All supplies will be donated to third grade teachers to replenish their supplies for the upcoming school year.